Taking extra care for the wellness of your teeth, gums, and mouth should be included in your primary goals for self-improvement. Always remember that good dental and oral hygiene helps avoid tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath and keeps your teeth intact as you grow older.
The Recent study also suggests that good dental and oral health helps ward off different medical disorders while unhealthy mouth keeps you at risk of several life-threatening diseases including heart attack and stroke.
Now, you have all the reasons to keep your mouth and gums as healthy as possible. Though there are many ways to do so, like using mouthwash, there are still disadvantages accompanied when using commercial mouthwash.
- Mouthwash is dangerous to children especially when ingested
- Mouthwash can possibly inflict damage to some parts of your mouth
- Mouthwash stains and darkens teeth
- Mouthwash inflicts more pain on canker sores
- Mouthwash cannot address all oral issues
Knowing those disadvantages of using commercial mouthwashes surely made you cringle. Not to worry! You can still use a mouthwash without suffering from all those side effects and you can even make it in on your own.
This homemade mouthwash will address all your worries. Here are the things that you need to prepare:
- Baking Soda – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Hydrogen Peroxide – ½ cup
- Cold Water – 1 cup
- Warm Water – ½ cup
- Mix the baking soda and salt in a small part of warm water.
- Using the toothbrush, spread a generous amount of the mixture to the teeth. Spit afterwards.
- Repeat the procedure.
- After that, combine hydrogen peroxide and the remaining warm water.
- Rinse your mouth using this mixture.
- Lastly, use the toothpick to take away tartar in between your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with cold water.
- Repeat the procedure twice a week.