Coconut oil is indeed gifted with powerful health benefits which help in treating different kinds of diseases. Aside from that, coconut oil is used in different beauty products mainly because of its good effects to the skin, face and especially to the hair.
Coconut oil is actively used in countries including Malaysia, India, Burma, Indonesia, and the Philippines to help aid common hair problems.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil To Your Hair
- Stops Hair Loss
Causes of hair loss include pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, scalp infections, thyroid disease, hereditary, alopecia areata, medications, stress, lack of iron protein and other important nutrients. Coconut oil is rich in healthy fats that help nourish the scalp, reduce inflammation and combats skin infections.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of sage oil over low heat. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before applying to your head. Use a shower cap afterwards.
- Use this home remedy at night, before you go to bed. Wash your hair properly in the morning.
- Stops Hair Damage
Coconut oil is proven to prevent hair damage through strengthening the shaft and reducing the protein loss.
- Prevents Dryness
Frizzy hair is caused by too much dryness in the hair shaft. With coconut oil, the moisture in your hair shaft is retained, thus, making your hair soft and smooth.
- Apply coconut oil to your hair about 15 minutes before shower. You can also apply coconut oil to your split ends for easy brushing.
- Wards off Dandruff
Dandruff is a result of the unhealthy scalp. When your scalp dries out, dead skin cells or dandruff appears. Causes of dandruff include too much shampooing, eczema, fungus and sensitivity to certain hair care products. Through the use of coconut oil, your scalp gets hydrated properly and eliminates fungal infections.
- Combine equal amounts of castor oil and coconut oil. Apply to your scalp.
- Leave the mixture for about an hour before totally rinsing it off.
- Repeat as often as possible.
- Removes Lice
Lice is a common hair problem that is sometimes left untreated. Though there are commercial anti-lice products available in your local drugstore, it is still best to remove it using safe natural remedies such as coconut oil.
- Apply pure coconut oil to your hair and let it stay for a couple of hours.
- Do the same procedure again as your hair and scalp absorb the coconut oil.
- You can also mix drops of tea tree oil to boosts its effects.
- Avoids Gray Hair
Pigment cells are solely responsible for providing the natural color of your hair. As you age, your hair starts to change its color, turning it into gray. Coconut oil has a nourishing effect on the scalp which prevents your hair from losing its natural color.
- Mix coconut oil and lemon. Massage it into your hair and scalp for about 15 minutes.
- Do it regularly.
Your hair is your crowning glory. You should never lose its radiance and use coconut oil to fix its common problems.