Allergies can cause numerous conditions when triggered by something that most people don’t have a problem with. Certain conditions include hay fever, anaphylaxis, food allergies, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
- Certain Food
- Other Substances
- Insect Stings
The development of allergies is both due to genetics and environmental factors. The underlying process involves a part of the immune system of the body called immunoglobulin E antibodies. When it binds to the allergen and to a receptor, the body will release inflammatory chemicals, like histamine. Patients are diagnosed through the skin or blood tests.
Symptoms of Allergies
- Red Eyes
- Itchy Rash
- Runny Rose
- Shortness of Breath
Though there are already effective treatments for allergies, these essential oils will help stop any form of allergy from coming back!
- Lavender Oil
Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, Lavender oil is a natural antihistamine that soothes and relieves allergy.
- On the first signs of allergy, rub few drops of lavender oil into your palm then hold close to your nostrils.
- Breathe deeply and inhale the radiance of the lavender oil.
- Lemon Oil
Lemon Oil helps in supporting the lymphatic system of your body, thus, fights certain respiratory conditions. It also helps boost the immune system to fight and prevent bacteria growth.
- Drink regularly a glass of water mixed with 1-2 drops of lemon oil.
- You can also mix this with your laundry detergent to remove bacteria on your carpets, curtains, furniture and sheets.
- Peppermint Oil
According to the European Journal of Medical Research, peppermint oil contains anti-inflammatory effects which can help soothe allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma.
- Add 5 drops of peppermint oil into a diffuser. This will help relax your sinuses.
- If you are experiencing inflammation, you should drink 1-2 drops of pure peppermint oil.
- Basil Oil
Boosting with anti-inflammatory properties, basil essential oil can fight bacteria and viruses, including allergies.
To reduce inflammation
- Mix a drop of basil oil into your salad dressing or soup.
To boost your immune system
- Mix equal parts of coconut oil and basil oil. Rub it in your neck, chest, and temples.
- Tea Tree Oil
As it quickly destroys pathogens, the one that causes allergies, tea tree oil is nothing but a very good remedy to remove bacteria, fungi, and mold in your home. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties good for irritated skin.
- Apply 2-3 drops of tea tree oil directly to your skin to treat hives and rashes.
- For sensitive skin, add some coconut oil to avoid irritation.