The use of herbal medicines is growing in popularity because of its effectiveness compared to some pharmaceutical drugs. In fact, many herbal medicines have been found to be a much safer alternative. A growing number of studies have revealed how they can help ease pain and provide cure to a lot of conditions and diseases.
When used correctly, herbal remedies, are not only inexpensive, but they can be a lot more effective and are a safer option, with no side effects, compared to the regular medicines. A lot of these herbs can even be grown just within your garden or backyard. According to the experts, herbs and other natural remedies can provide the same level of effectiveness without producing negative side effects.
Here are the top herbs which are proven to be safe and effective for home use.
• Rosemary. Rosemary can be effective for fighting carcinogens. Carcinogens are cancer causing substance which are often present in fried or grilled meats but when rosemary extract is used before cooking, the carcinogen levels are significantly reduced. Rosemary can also stop the formation and growth of tumors.
• Calendula. Calendula is a popular when it comes to providing relief for mouth inflammation, as well as ailments in stomach and throat. It is also being made as a topic cream to heal irritation, rashes and wounds.
• Cranberry. Cranberry is one of many people’s favorites because of its amazing health benefits. Cranberry is being made into juice so that it can be used to reduce the risk of bladder infection or inflammation. It is also known to be an effective cure for chronic prostatitis.
• Holy Basil. Holy basil is usually being used in one of the popular food we eat- pesto. But aside from adding flavor to the dish, it is also very effective when it comes to reducing stress, as well as in relieving headaches and indigestion.
• Ginseng. Ginseng also many health uses including providing relief from mental and physical fatigue. This is also best for people who frequently catch colds because it can help reduce frequency and severity.
• Hibiscus. If you are prone to hypertension, then hibiscus is highly recommended for you. Aside from lowering down blood pressure, hibiscus is a safe and effective cure for throat and colds.