Lemon water is gaining more and more popularity these days because people are now becoming more aware of the health benefits it brings. It does not only taste good and refreshing, it can also make your water a lot healthier.
Lemon water is gaining more and more popularity these days because people are now becoming more aware of the health benefits it brings. It does not only taste good and refreshing, it can also make your water a lot healthier.There are many benefits linked to adding lemon to our daily water intake.
Many people are now choosing to have this than any other drinks and beverages. While there isn’t much science that can explain exactly the reason behind the wonders that lemon water does, there are existing evidences and research that support the separate benefits of water and lemon. And here are some of the most important health benefits you can enjoy from your lemon water.
1. Lemon is one of the excellent sources of vitamin C. When you add lemon to your water, you are also taking in more vitamin C into your body because this fruit is an excellent source. Vitamin C increases your immunity and helps your body fight infection. It can also help reduce your risk of certain conditions including heart diseases and stroke, because of its high potassium content.
2. It keeps you hydrated. Nothing beats water when it comes to keeping a person hydrated and by adding lemon to it can enhance it taste, which could make you drink more glasses. The more water, the better. Remember that you have to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
3. It aids in weight loss. When you drink plenty of fluids, especially water, you are helping your body flush out unnecessary substances and toxins. It will also help you reduce your appetite because it can easily make you feel full. More studies are also being conducted to prove how the polyphenol antioxidants which are present in lemons are effective in weight loss.
4. It makes your skin look younger and healthier. Plenty of fluids can make your skin look younger because it will be well moisturized. If your skin is dry, you will look like you have a lot of wrinkles. The Vitamin C content in lemons are also found to reduce wrinkling of the skin.
5. It aids in digestion. Many people are turning to lemon water when they feel constipated, because this solution is also an effective laxative.