Dandruff is produced when dead skin cells are shredded out from the scalp. A small amount of shredding is just normal yet the unusually large amount of flaking is alarming. Dandruff is considered as the number one scalp disorder affecting more than half of this world’s population. Because dandruff is becoming rampant these days, Do-It-Yourself home remedies for dandruff is becoming a vital need.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
For Malassezia-caused dandruff, vinegar can effectively get rid of it. Vinegar has the ability to become a fungicide which will help eliminate dry skin cells that matures and dies very fast.
• Mix water and Apple Cider Vinegar and pour it over your hair.
• Scrub it gently into the scalp and wash it off with warm water.
• While using this remedy, be sure not to use any products on your hair. Even shampoo is not allowed.
• Leave the treatment for 8-12 hours and repeat as often as you like.
Studies show that aspirin contains salicylic acid, mostly contained by dandruff shampoos.
• Crush aspirin in small pieces the mix it with your shampoo.
• When washing your hair, lather it well for 1-2 minutes.
• Rinse well.
3. Yogurt and Pepper
Curd is rich in vitamin b5 and protein which are both beneficial for your hair. Mixing both black pepper powder and yogurt will result to a powerful mixture used to fight against dandruff.
• Mix properly both yogurt and pepper.
• After mixing, spread it all throughout your scalp.
• Have it stay for an hour then wash with shampoo.
4. Lemon and Coconut oil
It’s already known that lemon coconut oil have a moisturizing effect to the hair and scalp. But mixing it with lemon juice will double its advantage.
• Combine 2 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
• Massage the mixture into your scalp and leave it for 1 hour.
• Thoroughly wash off the mixture from your hair using a mild shampoo.
5. Baking Soda
Baking Soda draws a final blow in this list. In almost all home remedies out there, baking soda seems to be always present. Same goes with dandruff, baking soda can be of good help.
• Wet hair and directly apply baking soda to it.
• Rub it properly to the scalp so as to remove dead skin cells.
• Skip using shampoo and just rinse your hair thoroughly.
Dandruff can be a source of your shame towards other people. Luckily, those home remedies will fight off dandruff the natural way.