The easy and practical steps to save babies from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Babies are precious gifts that a couple may receive. The parents prepare so much in all aspects, such as emotional and even financial, just to make sure their kids will have the brightest future. No one can afford to lose a child after all the hardships. Surprisingly, a certain unexplainable irregularity causes a trouble called Sudden Infant Syndrome or SIDS. The concrete causes of this condition
The concrete causes of this condition are still unknown to experts. However, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported that 3, 500 of babies suffer from SIDS. Forty percent of that number are said to be caused by suffocation by accident, while twenty-five percent are brought about by other issues related to sleep. In spite of being clueless, some researchers link several unintentional incidents to this trouble.
These are instances wherein infants accidentally choke small objects found on toys or being suffocated by pillows and other furniture. Others also believe that genes may play a vital role in the framework of the child’s body. If the air passages are not developed accordingly, the baby is prone to suffer suffocation as well. Furthermore, there are experts who also cite some careless moves of the mother like falling asleep while breastfeeding or improper way of carrying the baby, into this prevailing issue.
Amidst this disgusting situation, practitioners have some effective tips to avoid killing your baby accidentally. Take a look at the following:
- Sleep with your baby in the same room- By doing this; you will be able to monitor the activities of your child. They also have that sense of peace when they feel that their parent is around.
- Be more attentive- Do not indulge yourself in daydreaming or sleeping like oil. You must practice alertness. This is also applicable in breastfeeding. Do not sleep. Being attentive should be a normal task in taking care of your baby, anyway.
- Do not share the same bed- Although it is advisable for you to sleep in the same room with your infant, experts suggest not using the same bed. Adults have different sleeping behavior that could harm the babies.
- Beware of your baby’s sleeping position- This is very vital because of your child’s position while sleeping can play a vital role in the passage of air. Check the illustrations below:
- Make sure your kid’s bed is not fatal- Remove all objects that may be ingested by the baby or may block his nose or mouth.