A liver is a reddish-brown, rubbery organ, sitting on the right side of the body. This meaty organ filters the blood which comes from the digestive tract before it gets distributed throughout the rest of the body. Additionally, the liver also detoxifies the chemicals then metabolizes drugs. It also secretes bile which goes to the intestines. The liver is also responsible for producing proteins necessary to treat blood clots and others.
Because of its many functions, your liver also gets tired and sometimes infected by diseases such as Hepatitis C. Good thing there are lots of foods that you can eat to purify your liver and remove the toxic waste of the body.
Home Remedy For Liver Cleanse
- Organic, Raw Honey
- Orange Juice
- Water – 1 liter
- Fresh Mint Leaves – One Handful
- Heat water until boiling point.
- Mix the mint leaves and allow it to boil in a matter of 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire then let it cool for some minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and orange juice simultaneously. You can also add grated lemon peel to improve its taste.
- Add honey then stir
TIP: You can also use cold water if preferred.
This home remedy helps improve the overall function of your digestive system. It is better safe than sorry. As early as now, even without symptoms of liver disease, try to include this home remedy to your daily diet.